If you think growing a great collection of container plants, flower, fruits, herbs, etc is hard. All you need is a patience, love and system. A 7 step system to be precise.
1.Lightning: plants need light all year round- in the day, use incandescent bulbs if your home doesn’t get enough light, consider plant stands with in built in lighting systems.
2. Humidity: get a cheap humidity indicator, signs of low humidity- dry soil,wilting, sign of excess humidity- soggy stems, spray leaves with water (every 3-4 hours or as required) if humidity is low or use a condensation tray.
3.Temperature: The right temperature will depend on a plants natural environment, jungle plant like- 100 F and above, temperature zone (Europe and North America) plants like 90-100 F, most plants don’t like below 45 F- except for cacti (as they are desert plants).
4. The right soil: jungle plants like rich organic soils with an acidic ph of about 5.5, temperature zone plants like a more neutral ph of 7, desert plants like a more alkaline ph of about 8.
5. Choosing the right container: porous materials like clay absorb more water and keep roots cool, choose containers depending on temperature, color, scheme of home, get creative- use the container like a work of art!
6. Water levels: water required depends on type and size of plant, and environmental temperature, always check dryness of soil to determine moisture levels, add a layer of top soil or moss to prevent water loss from soil, never add cold water! Make sure it’s at room temperature.
7. Food and nutrients: add slow release food granules to compost (sprinkled on top or raked in) in a required quantities, pelleted granules can be pushed into compost/ potting mixture.
- Tags: Grow Bonsai Tree